Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme
Are you ready to accelerate your political career by contributing to the country’s political process? Do you find yourself eager to engage in dialogue and debates on critical political issues? If so, compete to join the Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme and gain a chance of a lifetime to learn about in-depth policy issues. The programme brings in the best and the brightest young minds from all over the country and offers them the opportunity to interact with other party members like never before. Through the fellowship, 20 young selected Pakistanis will get to learn and experience context and concepts behind Pakistan’s leading political and policy issues, use critical thinking skills on issues affecting Pakistan, review existing policy framework employed in addressing issues and develop policy alternatives through engagement with political leaders, constitutional, legal, economic and political experts. With only 20 seats available, don’t wait and apply today!
The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Program by Tabeer – Consolidating Democracy in Pakistan, implemented by PILDAT is an exclusive opportunity for young, energetic and passionate political party members to engage with political experts, political party leadership and learn through high-level training sessions and study visits focused on political process in Pakistan.
The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme will select 20 fellows from across Pakistan belonging to all political parties represented in the National Assembly and/or the four Provincial Assemblies, to experience a four weeks term in Islamabad and Provincial capitals of Pakistan. Fellows will also hone their skills in writing of a Policy Brief. Successful fellows will be awarded with a completion of Fellowship Certificate.
Submit Expression of Interest (EoI) today to be selected among the top 20 young political leaders! You are eligible to submit EoI if you are:
- Between 25 to 35 years of age as of September 16, 2019
- Have been a member of any political party represented in the National Assembly and/or the four Provincial Assemblies
- A Pakistani national residing in Pakistan with a demonstrated interest and passion for politics
How much will it cost?
- There is no Application Fee.
- Travel cost from home base to Islamabad will be covered (one-time)
- A modest stipend of Rs. 50,000/- will be given to each fellow to cover stay, food & Misc. expenses
- Any other expenses incurred beyond the stipend and one-time travel reimbursement will be the responsibility of the Fellow.
What will the fellowship entail?
- Educational activities at Islamabad for 1 week consisting of roundtable discussions with renowned leaders and experts in their respective fields
- Study Visits to various institutions and meetings with senior public officials based in Islamabad and/or provincial capitals
- Preparing a Policy Brief and presentation, holding group discussions and finally making Presentation to a group of reviewers based on which you will be graded
Which Political Parties?
All political parties represented in the National Assembly and/or the four Provincial Assemblies are eligible to apply
Total number of fellowship seats will be allocated to the candidates belonging to the political parties roughly in proportion to the votes secured by these parties in the General Election 2018. Women, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Young Pakistanis belonging to underprivileged areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send in your Expression of Interest online by clicking on the relative links in the side bar. The forms are available in both Urdu and English. To fill out the Urdu form, you must have Urdu Language and Urdu keyboard installed on your system.
If you have any further questions, please refer to the FAQs section.
* Note: Incomplete applications will not be entertained *
The submission process of Expressions of Interest (EoIs) for Cohort 2 of the Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme (YPFP), November-December 2019 is now closed.