PILDAT One-Day Short Course
Understanding Pakistan’s Political Economy & Public Policy Paradigm
Wednesday, July 31, 2019, Lahore
PILDAT is offering a short, one-day course, delivered by Pakistan’s top authoritative figures on Political Economy, Public Policy and Institutional Reform, designed to provide a robust and practical understanding of Pakistan’s key public policy issues with special focus on political economy, as well as engage participants, in order to build and strengthen leadership skills, in developing practical recommendations for policy reforms.
Whether you are a policy practitioner, a political leader, a student, planning to appear for competitive exams, a business professional or just someone interested in untangling Pakistan’s enigmatic political economy and reform processes, here’s your opportunity to enrol yourself in the PILDAT one-day short course to give you the answers to the following questions:
- What is the broad make-up of Pakistan’s political economy?
- Why is Pakistan facing an almost continuous slide in its growth rate as well as its human development indicators despite a large youth population, a growing middle class, decent roads, internet and telephonic infrastructure and the likes?
- What are the structural issues and fundamental challenges of Pakistan’s political economy?
- Is an Inter-institutional dialogue needed to lead policy reforms in Pakistan?
When & Where?
The one-day short course is being organised on the following date, time and venue, though you can only join once you register beforehand:
Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
Time: 10:00 am – 05:30 pm
Venue: Hotel Avari, Lahore
Who can Join
The one-day course is open to Policy practitioners, Researchers, Political leaders, Economists, Journalists, Teachers, Students and everyone else interested in a robust learning and Leadership Development experience. You can register and enrol to join the short course by paying a fee. Registration will be open on a first-come first-serve basis.
How much will it Cost?
The registration fee for the course is Rs. 20,000 which can be paid online by July 26, 2019. Participants who register early, by July 15, 2019, will receive an early bird discount of Rs. 2000 and can enrol by paying only Rs. 18,000. Special discount for full-time students is available at 50% of the regular Registration Cost. Only those students can avail this who can provide proof of full-time enrollment at [email protected]. Part-time enrolled students, who are in part-time employment cannot avail this discount. PILDAT would provide tea/lunch during the course in addition to the learning! All other expenses would be the responsibility of the participants.
Fill out the registration form using the appropriate link below before July 26, 2019.
What will you learn?
- What is the broad make-up of Political Economy of Pakistan?
- What are the key structural issues of Pakistan’s Political Economy?
- Examples from comparable countries and consequent strategies for success
- Roadmap for reforms
What will the course entail?
The course will consist of three sessions and a group exercise. They include:
- Session 1: Pakistan at 70: Key Policy Issues
- Session 2: Pakistan’s Political Economy Challenges
- Session 3: Required Reforms: Inter-Institutional Dialogue
- Group Exercise: Practical Recommendations for Policymakers
Who are the Resource Persons?
The course will be delivered by Pakistan’s leading senior experts on Political Economy and Public Policy.
- Dr. Akbar Zaidi, Political Economist
- Mr. Shahid Hafeez Kardar, Former Governor State Bank
- Mr. Shahid Hamid, Senior Advocate Supreme Court, Former Federal Minister for Defence, Former Governor Punjab
- Mr. Ahmed Bilal Mehboob, President PILDAT
- Ms. Aasiya Riaz, Joint Director PILDAT
PILDAT is an independent think tank focused on political and public policy research, capacity building and training, policy reform, oversight and policy advocacy. As an indigenous institution, PILDAT’s mission is to strengthen democratic governance in Pakistan.
For any queries, please contact [email protected]